Please ensure your membership receives the information in these “Weekly Blasts” throughout the season in an effort to consistently address the issues observed during GHSA games.
- GAME REPORTS – Make sure the “Game Reports” include the name of coaches, and name and number of players, when they are submitted for unsporting acts. Game Reports for ejections are to be submitted not more than 24-hours of the incident.
- SPECTATOR/FAN INTERACTION – Refrain from any interaction (positive or negative) with spectators. It is a “no win” situation. If it is a positive interaction it appears to show bias. If it is negative it appears to be confrontational. When the potential for confrontation exists get Game Management involved.
- HOLIDAY TOURNAMENTS – We will have evaluators out to observe games during the holiday season. Make sure that you do NOT enter hospitality rooms. If you desire refreshments/food after or before the games ask Game Management to get it for you.
- GAME SCHEDULES – During the regular season most week night games are scheduled as doubleheaders. If the first game of the doubleheader ends earlier than the required 15-minute warmup period, the host school Game Management may determine to start the second game as the listed game time. Adversely, if the first game finishes well in advance of listed starting time for the second game both coaches may agree to starts soon as the 15-minute warmup period ends.
- UNIFORMS – While we don’t want to be seen as the “uniform police”, by rule it is our responsibility to address uniform violations. As is true with violations and fouls, if you address it early you won’t have to at the end of the game when there is more attention drawn to it.
Thank you for all you do for the GHSA and our member schools. I hope you and your families have a wonderful Christmas and a productive New Year.