Please ensure your membership receives the information in these “Weekly Blasts” throughout the season in an effort to consistently address the issues observed during GHSA games.
- GAME BALL – During the regular-season, and through the first three rounds of the playoffs, the home team shall select the game ball, as long as it is an NFHS/GHSA approved ball. The new Wilson EVO NXT ball will be used during the semifinal and final state tournament games.
- GAME SHORTS – While it is now legal to “roll” the game shorts, it is not legal for the drawstring to hang outside the shorts, nor to have more than one visible manufacturer’s logo. Please address this with coaches and team captains during the pre-game meetings.
- BENCH AREA – Coaches and players, standing or seated, are not allowed beyond the 28-foot line toward the division line. Please observe the bench area set-up during warm-ups, and if needed make corrections to the area prior to the start of the game.
- ILLEGAL CONTACT – There is still far too much physical contact on ball handlers and in the post area. This continues to be a point of emphasis to allow for more freedom of movement. Call the illegal contact early in the game and you will curtail the potential escalation of it as the game proceeds.
- GAME REPORTS – Make sure the “Game Reports” include the name of coaches, and name and number of players, when they are submitted for unsporting acts. Game Reports for ejections are to be submitted not more than 24-hours of the incident.
Thank you for all you do for the GHSA and our member school.