The GHSA Competitive Dance Invitational will be held on February 16, 2019 at Mt. Zion High School in Jonesboro, Georgia beginning at 9AM.
- Classification/divisions will be determined after registration beginning November 1st on the GHSA website.
- Schools may enter 1 team of up to 20 dancers.
- Teams may enter 2 routines to be judged.
- The genres will include:
- High kick
- Hip hop
- A winner in each category will be named.
- For the overall winner, a team¡¦s scores for both routines will be combined to determine their overall score. The top runner up and winner will receive a trophy.
- All NFHS rules for Competitive dance will be enforced. You can order a NFHS rule book from GHSA or nfhs.org. The following rules are included:
- accessories and apparel
- lifts and stunts
- legalities on shoes
- All members of the school¡¦s dance team must be eligible students that attend that high school.
- Teams can be coed or All Girl.
We will follow all NFHS rules on apparel and accessories. You may order a NFHS rule book from the GHSA office or at nfhs.org.
Contact Penny Pitts Mitchell at email@example.com if you need information.
Nov. 1: Registration opens on GHSA website with a contract similar to cheer contract.
The Dance Invitational Contract is available at: https://www.ghsa.net/dance-contracts
Complete, Print and Mail the contract with your entry fee to the given address
Dec. 3: Deadline for teams to enter with entry fee of $180.00.
Dec. 14: Final deadline with entry fee of $250.00.
Feb. 1: Dance Team Roster Due on GHSA MIS: https://app.ghsa.net
Feb. 15: Officials arrive in Atlanta
- Training for Georgia officials.
- Set up day for Mt. Zion HS
Feb. 16: Dance invitational-begins at 9AM
March 6-9: Basketball championships-top teams will be invited to perform at the championships.