2023 GHSA GIRLS FLAG FOOTBALL STATE TOURNAMENT
First and second round games will be played at the #1 seeded team in each four-team quadrant in the bracket. Quarterfinal & Semifinal games will be played at the higher seeded team, or determined by a coin toss, in the event the teams matched up in the quarterfinal & semifinal rounds are of equal seeds. The coin toss will be conducted on Thursday, November 30 @ 10:00 AM to determine the host schools. The video of the coin toss will be available on the GHSA web site.
STATE TOURNAMENT GAME SCHEDULE
- 1st & 2nd Round Games – December 5
- Quarterfinal & Semifinal Games – December 7
The coin toss will take place on Thursday, November 30 @ 10:00 AM
- Championship Finals – December 11-13 @ Mercedes Benz Stadium
Game Times: Division 1 – December 11 @ 2:00 PM
Division 2 – December 12 @ 11:00 AM
Division 3 – December 13 @ 11:00 AM
(Home Teams predetermined on bracket)
Contest officials for the 1st & 2nd round games shall be assigned by the local association that covers the host school, and games fees are the responsibility of the host school. Quarterfinal, semifinal, and championship final officials shall be assigned by the GHSA Office Girls Flag Football Liaison, James Arnold (firstname.lastname@example.org).
1ST, 2ND, QUARTERFINAL GAMES AT HOST SCHOOL SITES
Host School Responsibilities are:
- A secure dressing area for contest officials
- On site Game Manager & Security
- Correct field marking
- P/A Announcer
- Safety precautions
- Set up GoFan ticketing
- Pay officiating game fees rounds 1-3. (Semifinal and Final games to be paid by the GHSA Office)
- Submit Financial for to Robin Bullington (email@example.com) within 72 hours after completion of game(s)
NOTE: Participating schools are responsible for their own medical training staff
- 1st & 2nd round ticket pricing is $10.00 and only available on GoFan.
- Quarterfinal & Semifinal ticket pricing is $12.00 and only available on GoFan
- Championship ticket pricing is $20.00 and only available on GoFan
- The “Financial Form” are available in the “Forms” area on the GHSA web site.
- Schools advancing to the Quarterfinal & Semifinal Rounds are required to have the Head Coach and/or Athletic Director on a mandatory Zoom call meeting Wednesday, December 6 @ 9:00 AM. Call link Below: