The GHSA Competitive Dance Invitational will be held on February 11, 2023 at the Macon Centreplex at 8:30 AM.
- Classification/divisions will be determined after registration beginning November 1st on the GHSA website.
- Schools may enter 1 team of up to 20 dancers.
- Teams may enter 2 routines to be judged. All routines must be under 2 minutes.
- The styles will include:
- High kick
- Hip hop
- A winner in each category per division will be named.
- For the overall winner, the team who has the highest score per division will be named the winner.
- All NFHS rules for Competitive dance will be enforced. You can order a NFHS rule book from GHSA or nfhs.org. The following rules are included:
- accessories and apparel
- lifts and stunts
- legalities on shoes
- All members of the school’s dance team must be eligible students that attend that high school.
- Teams can be coed or All Girl.
We will follow all NFHS rules on apparel and accessories. You may order a NFHS rule book from the GHSA office or at nfhs.org.
Contact Penny Pitts Mitchell at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need information.
Nov. 1: Registration opens on GHSA website with a contract similar to cheer contract.
The Dance Invitational Contract is available at: https://www.ghsa.net/dance-contracts
Complete, Print and Mail the contract with your entry fee to the given address
Dec. 3: Deadline for teams to enter with entry fee of $200.00 and $60.00 more for a 2nd routine. You do not have to enter 2 routines.
Dec. 14: Final deadline. Any teams who register after this event will be of $250.00 plus $60.00 for a second routine.
Feb. 1: Dance Team Roster Due on GHSA MIS: https://app.ghsa.net
Feb. 11: Dance invitational-begins at 8:30 AM (Admission is $15 per person only at GoFan.)