Below is the timetable and procedures for release of the final 2017 Class A Softball Power Ratings, appeals and seeding of the playoff brackets, as well as the “at large” playoff team in Class 7A:
Oct. 7th - Region winners in all classifications must be determined and results entered into MaxPreps web site by the end of day on the 8th.
Oct. 8th - MaxPreps’ final Class A power ratings will be posted on the GHSA web site.
Oct. 9th - Region playoff qualifiers in classes 2-A through 7-A (except for the “at large” team) must be submitted to the GHSA office by 9:00 a.m.
(1) Any Class A school that believes its final power rating points are incorrect may file an appeal in writing to GHSA softball coordinator Ernie Yarbrough between 8 - 11 a.m. A fax is acceptable (706-647-2638) or you may e-mail directly to email@example.com. The appeal letter must be accompanied by a complete list of results and points earned for each game!
(2) A GHSA Softball Appeals Committee will verify the results (including any appeals), break any ties and determine the Class A playoff brackets.
(3) The results of the appeals and the Class A playoff brackets will be posted by 4:00 p.m., on the GHSA web site.
(4) The “At Large” team in Class 7A also will be determined by the Appeals Committee at this time and the advancing team will be posted to the 7A bracket by 4:00 p.m., on the GHSA web site.
(1) Teams winning a Region championship will be placed in the Class A brackets (public school or private school) first based on their power rating numbers. Then the rest of the Class A brackets will be completed based on the power rating numbers.
(2) Once posted, the brackets are FINAL.