Season Zero ended last week with Mount De Sales Academy taking home the GA esports state title! A huge congratulations to Coach Read and the MDS Cavaliers! Watch the livestream recap here.
The deadline to join the esports Spring 2019 season has been extended until February 15th! If your school is interested in participating, please be sure to create an account on PlayVS.com by the deadline to get started. You can still complete your profile and fill out your computer specifications afterwards. Players have until February 22nd in order to sign up and finalize teams.
SPRING 2019 REGULAR SEASON STRUCTURE
- The regular season will run from the week of February 25th - April 22nd.
- Matches will be played at 4pm on the following days for each league:
- Tuesdays: League of Legends - Two consecutive games against a single opponent
- Wednesdays: SMITE - Two consecutive games against a single opponent
- Thursdays: Rocket League - Best of five match against a single opponent
- Playoffs and championship dates TBA!
- Each school is required to have an esports coach who is onsite for all matches.
- Each League of Legends and SMITE team consists of 5 starting players. Rocket League teams consists of 3 starting players. Each school is able to build as many teams as they’d like across every game title. PlayVS recommends building a program of 18 players to ensure each team has enough alternates throughout the season.
- Each student needs the following: one computer/laptop and one set of peripherals (mouse, keyboard, headset). Students can use their own, or schools could provide. Jerseys are optional.
- The participation fee for each student is $64/season, which can be paid by students, sponsors, or directly covered by the school.
- What is Esports?
- How doe the PlayVS league work?
- How to get started for Coaches
- PlayVS Hardware/Network Specifications
The season kicks off the week of February 25th. Be sure to get your school started today!