The GHSA would like to extend the opportunity for student-athletes in member schools to participate as a part of the GHSA Student-Athlete Advisory Committee. The mission of this committee will be to provide a voice for student-athletes within the GHSA governance structure by assisting with the following:
- Rules and regulations
- Current issues facing student-athletes
- Promoting a positive perception of the GHSA
- Promoting a positive image of the student-athlete
- Helping to plan and promote the Leadership conference held in the spring
The 16-member statewide committee (one boy and one girl from each classification) will meet twice annually at the GHSA office in Thomaston, or at another central location. Participation in these meetings is a mandatory requirement of the committee. Expenses for mileage and meals will be paid by the GHSA.
Please review the enclosed nomination form and select student-athletes (one male and one female) in your school who have an interest in serving on the committee. The GHSA is interested in applicants who possess the following qualities:
- Must be an active student-athlete participating in at least two GHSA sanctioned sports or activities
- Must be a current sophomore or junior in good academic and disciplinary standing
- Must show a commitment toward representing the interests of all student-athletes
- Must display strong character and commitment to sportsmanship and integrity
- Must display leadership in their school
For more information please contact Penny Pitts Mitchell 706-647-7473 ext. 22 or 478-957-9775.