DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 28, 2018
Each year, every high school in Georgia is invited to select one male and one female senior athlete to receive the Dooley Award. The award recipients are chosen for their distinguished individual character, outstanding teamwork, and citizenship. All award recipients are reviewed by a selection committee, who choose 10 boys and 10 girls as finalists for the Dooley Scholarship. The Dooley Scholarship is then presented to one male and one female athlete. All recipients are invited to attend a banquet in Spring 2018 to receive their awards, and at that time the scholarship recipients will be announced.
Life Principles Learned Through Sports
- I will develop my skills to the best of my ability and give my best effort in practice and competition.
- I will compete within the spirit and letter of the rules of my sport.
- I will respect the dignity of every human being, and will not be abusive or dehumanizing of another either as an athlete or as a fan.
- I will place team goals ahead of personal goals.
- I will be a positive influence on the relationships on the team.
- I will follow the team rules established by the coach.
- I will display caring and honorable behavior off the field and be a positive influence in my community and world.
- I will give of my time, skills, and money as I am able for the betterment of my community and world.