12th Annual Vincent J. Dooley Awards & Scholarships
Nominations now open!
DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 28, 2019
Athletes for a Better World announces the 12th Annual Vincent J. Dooley Awards and Scholarships for the 2018-2019 school year. The athletic director of each school may designate the Senior Class male and female recipient of the Awards for their school, and their recipients may also compete for a four-year, $1,000 a year, scholarship. For more information and the Nomination Form, please click here: http://www.abw.org/awards/dooley-award-nomination/
Each year, every high school in Georgia High School Association is invited to select one male and one female senior athlete to receive the Dooley Award. The award recipients are chosen for their distinguished individual character, outstanding teamwork, and citizenship. All award recipients are reviewed by a selection committee, who choose 10 boys and 10 girls as finalists for the Dooley Scholarship. The Dooley Scholarship is then presented to one male and one female athlete. All recipients are invited to attend a banquet in Spring 2019 to receive their awards, and at that time the scholarship recipients will be announced.
Questions? Contact Brad Catherman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adopt the Code for your team or school:
The Code for Living
Life Principles Learned Through Sports
Because I am a role model and have the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference in the lives of others, I commit to this Code. I will take responsibility and appropriate actions when I fail to live up to it.
As an individual:
- I will develop my skills to the best of my ability and give my best effort in practice and competition.
- I will compete within the spirit and letter of the rules of my sport.
- I will respect the dignity of every human being, and will not be abusive or dehumanizing of another either as an athlete or as a fan.
As a member of a team:
- I will place team goals ahead of personal goals.
- I will be a positive influence on the relationships on the team.
- I will follow the team rules established by the coach.
As a member of society:
- I will display caring and honorable behavior off the field and be a positive influence in my community and world.
- I will give of my time, skills, and money as I am able for the betterment of my community and world.