Stepping Up is a program which distributes used wrestling shoes to schools and/or athletes facing significant financial challenges in regards to obtaining the equipment needed to participate in wrestling-shoes being one of the greatest expenses.
The end of the wrestling season will soon be here and this presents you and your athletes with a chance to give something back to the great sport of wrestling.
The program started last year and we were able to donate used shoes to five GA schools. As you might imagine, the need far exceeded the supply and there are many more who could be helped if the resources were available. Please discuss this program with your athletes and encourage them to consider giving to those who wish to wrestle but who face the challenge of obtaining the basic equipment needed.
Who might help?
- Athletes who will no longer be wrestling whether due to graduation or those who may be leaving the sport
- Athletes who will need larger shoes next year because they have outgrown their current pair
- Programs which are able to provide their athletes with shoes but have several pair of “older” shoes they will be replacing
The next step…
- Drop off shoes at the state traditional tournament (athlete check in desk)
- Send shoes to the GHSA office (151 S. Bethel Street, Thomaston GA 30286)
- Contact Denis Tallini (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make other arrangements
Thank you for your consideration and for your willingness to give something back to the sport of wrestling.