Below is the timetable and procedures for release of the final 2017 Class A Football Power Ratings, appeals and seeding of the playoff brackets, as well as the “At Large” playoff team in Class 7A:
Oct. 30 - All Class A football coaches MUST check the power ratings and inform GHSA football coordinator Tommy Whittle immediately if there are any problems or mistakes.
Nov. 4 - Region winners in all classifications must be determined and results entered into the MaxPreps web site by the end of day on the 6th.
Nov. 5 - MaxPreps’ final Class A power ratings will be posted on the GHSA web site.
Nov. 6 - Region playoff qualifiers in classes 2-A through 7-A (except for the “At Large” team) must be submitted to the GHSA office by 9:00 a.m.
(1) Any Class A school that believes its final power rating is incorrect may file an appeal in writing to GHSA football coordinator Tommy Whittle between 8-11 a.m. You may fax (706-647-2638) or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The appeal letter must be accompanied by a complete list of results and points earned for each game!
(2) A GHSA Appeals Committee will verify the results (including any appeals), break any ties and determine the Class A playoff brackets.
(3) The results of the appeals and the Class A playoff brackets will be posted by 4:00 p.m., on the GHSA web site.
(4) The “At Large” team in Class 7A also will be determined at this time and the advancing team will be posted to the 7A bracket by 4:00 p.m., on the GHSA web site.
(1) Teams winning a Region championship will be placed in the Class A brackets (public school or private school) first based on their power rating numbers.
(2) Once the brackets are posted, no further appeals will be considered.