All Cheer Coaches
- Reminder to all cheerleading coaches: The online rules clinic is open until Friday for any cheerleading coach who has not taken this clinic. If you have taken the clinic in the fall, there is no need to retake this for basketball since it is the same test.
- The Georgia High School Association in partnership with the Student Athletic Advisory Council would like to dedicate the week of October 21 through 26 as "Contest Officials Appreciation Week". The SAAC requests that all participants and spectators recognize the valuable contribution that our more than 7,000 contest officials provide to our member schools and student-athletes. Please show your appreciation for the countless men and women who work so hard to administer the rules of play by displaying good sportsmanship during all the GHSA sanctioned contests and events.
- If cheerleaders could please find a way to honor these officials at your games by giving them goodie bags, t shirts, or cards, please do. You may need to find a place to keep the gifts during the game.
- Please have this statement read at the beginning of each contest during this week.
- These not only go for football games, but for softball, volleyball matches, and cheerleading competitions.
Competition Cheerleading Coaches
- Those teams who need hotel rooms for state cheerleading (Nov. 15-16) need to go ahead and make reservations now. The UGA and Auburn game is that weekend and they will fill up quickly.
- Good news and not so good news: Good news is that the fair will NOT be going on during the state championships. Not so good news is that because Ice Hockey has returned to Columbus, the dashers are in place and that will not give us enough room to add a full floor in warm up rotations. We have looked into several options for additional space but unfortunately, there has not really been a solution. As it stands, we will have 5 mats in the last rotation for state- which is the way it was for many years (until 2 years ago). We will continue to look at options for additional room.
- There are 3 more weeks of competitions before Region/A and Coed Sectionals. Please make sure you have competed in 3 competitions or you will not be allowed to compete.
- On that note, if you are a competition host, please make sure your list of teams is updated on the MIS site. I have made several calls this morning to coaches who are not showing that they have 3 competitions because the host has not updated their list.