The 2nd GHSA Bass Fishing State Championship, presented by Georgia Farm Bureau Insurance, was held May 14th, 2022 at Clarks Hill Lake. Congratulations to state champions Shane Dill and Bowynn Brown of the Bainbridge Bass Cats. A total of 58 schools and 129 boats made the finals from four qualifying tournaments held in January, February, March and April.
Appreciation goes to Kevin Giddens (GHSA Bass Coordinator), Randy Sullivan & staff (Federation Angler), volunteers, Wildwood Park at Clarks Hill Lake, Georgia Farm Bureau, TeamIP, Student Angler Federation, Major League Fishing and all anglers, boat captains, coaches and fans that that contributed to an outstanding day of fishing.
Top 10 Boats
Team School Fish Weight
1. BOWYNN BROWN-SHANE DILL - BAINBRIDGE 5/3 16-12
2. MASON BOATRIGHT-LANE KINLAW - BACON COUNTY 5/5 12-08
3. TRENT HAMMOCK-CARTER SEABROOK - ALEXANDER 5/5 12-07
4. FISHER CARVER-JACK REEVES - APPLING COUNTY 5/5 12-03
5. JAMES "CADEN" MCMILLIAN-KRYSTYN GARRETT - CALLAWAY 5/5 11-15
6. JACOB HODGE-HENRY GARRETT - GREENBRIER 5/5 11-14
7. JONATHAN JARVIS-TANNER TRAWICK - SEMINOLE COUNTY 5/5 11-10
8. COLE GRIGGS-CAMDEN GUNTER - JEFFERSON 5/5 11-09
9. (ROGER) DEUCE GARLAND-TRIPP TAMASI - GREENBRIER 5/5 10-11
10. BRETT BOSWELL-DYLAN THAYER - WINDER-BARROW 5/5 10-10
Order "weigh-in" photography at GHSA Photo Gallery
State championship merchandise will be available on site by Team IP.