Extemporaneous Speaking Categories 2016
* Election 2016 – Campaigns and Debates
* Black Lives Matter – Race relations and how they are affecting our cities, colleges, and entertainment
* United States Policies – Immigration, Terrorism, and Defense
* Middle East Politics – ISIS, Iran, Iraq, and Syria
* China and Asian Affairs
* Europe – European Union, National Affairs, Terrorism, and Refugee Acceptance
The categories listed above should help your students as they prepare for either Domestic or International Region and State Extemporaneous Speaking Events (students can only compete in Domestic or International, not both). Each of the categories will have balanced representation in the 20 topics available for students to draw three topics from and then choose one to prepare their speech.