Officials are to register with only (1) local association per sport/activity, and each local association will register its membership with the GHSA Registrar.
- Associations are required to register their members through the GHSA MIS System.
- Officials are not allowed to officiate contests until his/her registration is completed and submitted to the GHSA Office. Associations that allow non-registered officials to work GHSA sanctioned contests are subject to penalties and fines.
- Non-registered officials are not covered under the GHSA Officials’ Insurance Policy and shall not be assigned to GHSA sanctioned contests.
- Registration with the GHSA Office entitles individuals to; GHSA insurance coverage, NFHS rules publications, and additional training material produced by the GHSA Office.
- Officials who are inactive (not registered) for a period of (3) consecutive years will be moved to a lower classification rating until GHSA requirements are met at that level for (1) year.
- Officials may work contests for another association if needed, but each instance must be approved by the local association following a request by the association assignor.
- All GHSA registered officials must register through the E-Verify program to be eligible to work GHSA sanctioned contests.
- All GHSA registered officials must have completed a “background check” that covers the current year of registration and is renewable every 3-years.